Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2011

Founder of coches.com at IE Business School

Entrepreneur session 3:

Arrola 

A young successful entrepreneur who's wife and family as his true passion have given him the strength and drive to grow his passion for cars and achieve a successful enterprise and a balanced life.

I believe, Arrola's comment about appreciating the important people in your life and never putting them second is possibly the most valuable take away from this session.  

Despite my remote class attendance, I was truly touched by his comments.
I was able to follow the class thanks to my fellow class mate Radek, who kindly invited me to the class through his skype. (Picture below is a screen shot from my laptop) as  despite being away, I was in no way gonna miss this class ;-)


 In fact, without losing thread of this blog post completely, I really feel that I need to mention something about the experience of this experimental class... 

It has absolutely been amazing so far. The class is extremely interactive but not only inside the class... but on the net through  participants twits. The picture on the right is a screen shot from my laptop while I was following this session.

As you can see, twits were being posted in real time, as the class was ongoing. You could read what was being said in the class, shared thoughts, opinions and ideas. It was truly interactive.

I have had other MBA students asking questions about the class who have simply come to know about it through our twits. I think this was such a creative idea which was started by our professor Enrique Dans who also suggested the the #ietechstartup  where you can read all our twits related to these classes. 

Beside the great fun of being able to use social media in such a simple but creative way to share your class experience in real time, you meet great entrepreneurs and see them as ordinary people who you can associate to. 

You hear them talk about their success and failure and about their personal life and how entrepreneurship has effected their lives. You hear how they made their dream  become reality... because they dared to dream!

It is such an encouragement to see that these brave individuals have made it against all odds. To hear them talk and actually realize that they are just like you and I.

We often have this illusion of successful entrepreneurs as being ruthless, selfish and money driven individuals. It is possible that there are people like that, but this doesn't have to mean that this is the character of a successful entrepreneur. 

The one thing I have really seen in common among the entrepreneurs who have share their experience is that they have all dared to dream...  

Arrola dared to dream about coches.com and here is his reality:
 




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for attending! I did not know I was being recorded by that laptop! ;)
    And thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, my mistake, Iñaki, I forgot to tell you! I remember I mentioned that Mitsuyoshi was attending his first session in person because he had spent the previous two weeks in Japan, but then I forgot to let you know about Parisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to attend this session Iñaki!

    Sorry if my skype attendance came as a surprise -although nothing in Enrique's classes should come as a surprise ;-)... but thanks to his flexibility, I was able to hear your interesting speech... even remotely!

    Thank you for such an inspiring story and all the best to you and your family for the future!

    ReplyDelete